Apr 20, 2010

PETALS FROM THE PAST-AS FUN AND QUAINT AS IT SOUNDS!

The name of the nursery and the festival are the same-PETALS FROM THE PAST. Located along I-65, just south of Birmingham, Al., this place has a large following and is well received in a broad area. I was just a little surprised at the large crowd that the event drew, but it is an annual event in these parts, so it was expected by the repeat vendors.
I had a steady flow of customers on both days and with the good weather we had, it turned out to a fun event for me.
Granted, dollar-wise, it was not the best of shows, but there are things more important than money. I had not had a chance to see "ALABAMA"(Terry Gilpin) since Janice had past away,and he is a very good friend and wanted to share some memories of her with me.
"BOTTLE TREE BOB", "COWBOY", and several other vendors that do the circuit were in attendance to share stories and have a few good laughs.
Making money pays the bills, but having good friends and good times is the true measure of the quality of life. With that as my gauge, then I am truly wealthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment