Dec 7, 2009

AND SOMETIMES YOU HIT A SOUR NOTE........


I had no sooner bragged on how good Clay was at this festival business when it all went to hell in a handbasket. I will say though, he was in an uphill battle with that crowd in LIVE OAK, FLORIDA. Why that bunch would have had Arnold for dinner if they could have figured out how to build a fire.

Any time the people in your booth are wearing "camo" head-to-toe, huntin' boots, a REDMAN CHEWING TOBACCO hat, and juice running out both corners of their mouth--AND THIS IS JUST THE WOMEN--then folks, you are in redneck territory, and I mean deeeeep! The above "Queen" of the festival is exhibit "A". I rest my case.
The poor boy almost froze to death and it was wet too! Still he came home and asked when the next show was and could he do it for me. Just like a TIMEX, "he takes a licking and keeps on ticking". If the weather will co-operate, I will send him to one of my favorite spots, Virginia/Highlands, this coming Saturday to see if his luck changes. At least he won't be 350 miles away from home if he strikes out.
On another note, Arnold keeps having nightmares about this ordeal and I am afraid that I am going to have to send him to counseling. I have been checking around. The hold up is not that he can not get an appointment, seems no one has a couch in his size!

No comments:

Post a Comment